STC 2009

Thursday, April 16, 2009


So long never been blogging abt the stuff going on around me, is either it is just too boring or too lazy to blog. oh well , Sixer's Training Camp was finally over , and it was over with a warm feeling in the heart.
Thou i was like the only person under fox to represent the committee and in which i undertook the major roles of the camp later, i felt it more like a challenge and a test on me and those who were around me in fact. I know that there wasn't any pressure from the leader's in the camp, but i know that people will compare with me running it than other ppl running it in the past, so the pressure was from me and in me.
The cubs from the different schools comes in like swarms and by the time they sit down, you can tell that they are very keen to know the purpose and the meaning of these whole camp. From that point, every since ben introduce me to them as their camp IC, i know they will take me as a role model throughout the whole camp, these also applies to the teachers with them and they will be judging my performance.
Other than the program, it recevie alot of held back due to weather mainly but somehow as a grp of the committe we manage to pull through these without letting the cubs or teacher's know that it was cock-up and so on ... it is alrdy a great achievement for me alrdy .
Whatsmore, to add in, i achieve things that the previous committee did not achieve:
  1. Getting T-shirts for all cubs and committee in time with right sizes
  2. Getting badges in time as well

When people commented the shirt was well done, i really felt that i was finally running a good camp with people loving it as well.

Haha, i can keep on going on abt these but all in all, the camp was a blast and a lesson for all even to myself. But 1 things i know is that the people who worked with me this time round are not even from my troops, even thou i made an unoffical message send out to see who can help out, many seems unkeen and uninterested.

Sometimes, i wander is it because i have not power or no image in them that i am not worth being help by. Other than those rover & scouter's like ... offered me their help even thou they are busy, i really thank them for that concern, but those people i know are far much more closer to me than scouting. Other than the rest, i have nothing to say.

My decision going to cubs was after all my own. I hope people will respect it cos i can bet u , it is just as tough as handle a troop of boys. I really am happy to work with the outside people other than my own people. Somehow it feel much more different and happier to me. Who knows, maybe staying in the cubs is not a bad idea after all. =)

That all for now... currently i just wish to go down to east coast beach to refeshen my mind for next sem and everything. Only thing is that ... i hope someone will accompany =)

Entry by RedSeal

Comments (0)

Since Thursday, April 16, 2009